Please can anybody let me know where can I install the - "Window Installer for Windows 7 - 64 bit"
I have a brand new laptop - windows 7 and feel i highly frustrated that I have run into the Windows INstaller issue.
I got the 1723 error and so deleted subkeys from MSI Regedit..
Any help around this is highly appreciated...
Method 1: Check the status of the Windows Installer Service
To check and see if the Windows Installer Service is set correctly and started, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type services.msc in the Search box, and then click Services under Programs.
- In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
- In the Startup type drop-down list make sure that the value is set to Manual.
- If the Service status: is Stopped, click Start and wait for the service to start and then click OK.
- Click the File menu, and then click Exit.
- Restart the installation of your program.
If you still receive the error, go to method 2.
Windows 7 already comes with the latest version of the Windows Installer:
Try to ensure that Windows Installer service is running, or force start it.
1.. Open Run, and type in services.msc then press Enter. Alternatively, go
to Control Panel -> Administrator Tools -> Services.
2.. Locate Windows Installer in the all install services listing.
3.. Verify that the Status is Started. If the Status column is blank,
right click on Windows Installer and select Start.
4.. If you get error trying to force start the Windows Installer service,
try to change the Startup Type to Automatic (default is Manual), and then
restart the computer.
Type: CMD, from the results, right click CMD
Click 'Run as Administrator'
At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
This will check for any integrity violations
Restart your system
In the Services tab, Windows Installer row is blank. So I cannot start the service.
When I attempt to start it says.
Windows could not start the Windows Installer service on Local Computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified
I still ran sfc/scannow and there were no integrity violations.
Will it work I copy the windows installer from any other machine ?
Any other approach
Unregister Windows Installer, and then reregister Windows Installer. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On the "Start" menu, click "Run:.
2. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.
3. On the "Start" menu, click "Run".
4. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.
If this does not help the I would suggest to install the Windows Installer Cleanup utility and run that to remove the leftover Java installer files that may be causing issues with your current installation.
For further information, visit the below mentioned link:
The other option is to do a System Restore before you started experiencing this problem.
Thanks for your response. So I downloaded msiserver registry.
So Windows Installer is in place now..
Now I am back to my original problem of Error 1723 : trying to uninstall JRE..
Any ideas to resolve this ?